One of my last days in Colorado, it was warm enough that we could go to the zoo. Devony is always saying what a wonderful zoo Denver has. It has some animals I have never heard of or seen, which are my nieces favorites, and I wanted to see myself what they looked like. The pictures are in a weird order, sorry. I tried to limit the number of pictures I posted, but there were too many I wanted to share.

How to tell the 2 kinds of camels apart. One hump or two?
One of the rare known animals, looks like part zebra with the striped legs, but it is an okapi. More closely related to the giraffe. They were doing construction by the exhibit, so we couldn't see them very well.
Giraffes, oh how I love the giraffes!
See this giraffe's tongue! I never knew they were blackish blue!
Here are the Bactrian Camels.
Seal
Some big fish!
Komodo Dragon, one of Sydney's favorites.
Baby Komodo Dragon
Sea horse
Another big fish
Bat cave-Not Sydney's favorite.
Cranberry the Polar Bear. She had surgery on her back leg, that is the reason for the shaved back side. She was recovering well.
Tiger having a good roll.
One of the 3 tiger cubs at the zoo.
Zebra
An elephant. This is also one of my favorite animals.
Gorilla
This was the highlight of the zoo for me, seeing the baby orangutan, Hestie. She will be 1 year old on June 19th. Devony had never seen her out & as active as she was on this day. I love her hair!
A male orangutan. He was hiding. Just before this he had a finger up his nose. Sydney said it was gross. See next 2 pics to explain.
Then it started to unveil itself.
We saw this object hidden under a sheet. Then it started to move.
Hestie coming out with her mama.
This is another one of my favorites, the ring tailed lemur.
While we were in the bird house, Devony's cooler with our lunch was attacked. Culprit was photographed a few photos down. He was caught red handed with a piece of sandwich in his mouth. He ate right through the zipper.
This guy tried to get the lunch, but he was not the culprit of the damaged cooler.

















No comments:
Post a Comment