Friday, March 6, 2009

Busy Week!

Happiness!!!! (This pic is all ready on Haylee's blog, but I needed a pic of a happy person, & Isaac was the first I found. He just makes me smile!)
So I have had a busy week, & it is only going to get busier, but in a good way. Last week when my parents were over for a visit, I got called as the 2nd counselor (over Enrichment) in Relief Society. I love the new Relief Society president, Karen Spjute, she is my visiting teaching partner. She is so inspiring, I am looking forward to working with her! We have a great presidency! Sarah Gorringe is the first counselor, & Glenda Richards is the secretary! I am so lucky to work with these ladies! They are all so great & inspiring! It is also nice that I have a pretty full enrichment board that is very enlightened & willing to take on anything I will give them.



Yesterday we found out that Heath's job at Micron is secure. He doesn't work at the fab they are closing down, thank heavens, he works at Research & Development, which isn't going anywhere. We are so thankful & have truly had an answer to our prayers. I knew that I would still have my job, in an unstable economy, my job where we help people seeking for drug & alcohol treatment find the help they are looking for, my job is as stable now as ever. When some people lose their jobs, they turn to drugs & alcohol. It is all a vicious cycle, but I am glad that I am in the company that I am in right now. We are so blessed to have our jobs, as I am finding out more & more each day. I am thankful for all the blessings we have & for all of our friends & family that show their love & concern for us.

4 comments:

The life of Jayne said...

That is so great! What a blessing to have such secure jobs!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you with your new calling. You will love serving the sisters in your ward. We'll have to share ideas.

I am also glad to hear Heath's job is secure. We just found out Russ is losing his job. We still feel blessed in many ways, and are in good spirits. We have been through this a few times and have always come out on top.

Haylee Mecham said...

Oh I am so glad that Heath's and yours jobs are secure!! I can't wait to see you guys!! Then you can see Ike's silly little personality and we get to meet Mady cakes!! yay! Can't wait to see you! Love ya! Oh and I'm in enrichment too!! yay! I have to give you a yummy recipe when you get here! Don't let me forget!!

Devony said...

Yay! We've been hoping that things are good for you guys! We're excited to see you guys Saturday! Congrats on your new calling! Perfect place for someone as talented and creative as you!