Every year at BPA where I work, we have a pumpkin decorating contest. After looking at many designs, I decided upon this wonderfully cute pumpkin! Guess what, it is Nemo!!! I didn't want to carve a pumpkin, they can get messy with all the seeds, & with 2 curious cats, that might not be too much fun, plus, I was lazy. I thought Nemo was the cutest pumpkin I had ever seen & just had to make him!!! I did it all by myself, except for the mouth, which Heath helped me with. The picture I found online had his lips made out of felt that looked like an additional fin on his face. Didn't look too good. This face came from the DVD case of "Finding Nemo". The bare pumpkin had been outside for the last couple of weeks, so it was cold. Paint doesn't dry very fast on cold pumpkins, so I got out the hair dryer, & it dried MUCH faster!!!
Nemo won me the "Best in Show" award this year! All the employee's kids that came in for trick or treating loved him too!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment