For those of you that like coconut, or even if you don't, you HAVE to try this cake. It is very easy to make. It is soooo yummy, you can't eat just one piece! I made it for birthday treats at work, & got these comments:
"This is what heaven tastes like!"
"Will you marry me?"
"Is that really good frosting, or just really good cake?"
Coconut Cake
1 box white cake mix plus required ingredients
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)
1 8-oz. tub of Cool Whip
1/2 bag or desired amount of shredded coconut
Prepare cake in a 9x13 rectangular cake pan according to directions. While cake is baking, submerge canned cream of coconut in hot water (it has a tendency to solidigy during storage), then shake well before opening. As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, carefully poke holes all over the surface with a fork. Slowly pour cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk over surface of cake, allowing it to be absorbed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferrably overnight.
Before serving: Remove plastic wrap, top cake with Cook Whip, then sprinkle desired amount of shredded coconut on top. Enjoy! Cover and refrigerate leftovers-saves well for at least 3 days.
I had no clue where to find the cream of coconut, but you find it in the grocery store next to the hard drink mixes, like the margarita mixes, etc. I had to ask, since I had never used it before.
If you end up trying this delicious cake, you will have to tell me what you think of it!!!











2 comments:
I have printed out the recipe, and I will let you know how we like it!
p.s. did you get the info that I emailed you?
Did you tell them you were married? Don't you work with all girls? Hmm. Confusion...
Post a Comment